2015 was a big year for us in many different ways. Here are twelve of our favourite memories at the office and at the job site;
1. Co-Founder Monica Adair wins the RAIC Young Architect Award.
2. Partners Monica Adair and Stephen Kopp speak at Portland’s Museum of Art for Architalx lecture series.
3. Part of ThirdShift, our THE PARK installation transformed Granan Lane shifted peoples perception of the transformative potential of what urban space could be.
4. Acre’s work and process profiled in the May issue of the AIA’s ARCHITECT magazine.
5. Co-Founder Monica Adair is Chatelaine’s Ms. September!
6. Acre’s adaptive re-use work in designing Port City Royal recognized with city Heritage Award. See Port City Royal listed as En Route’s 2nd best new restaurant of the year!
7. Not one, but two of Acre’s custom home designs featured in Playboy. Yes, Playboy.
8. W Network’s ‘Real Houses Of….‘ showcases two Acre projects in Season 1, episode 8.
9. Monica Adair talks about creating your own myth at the Walrus Magazines Innovation lecture series.
10. The first of our morning lecture series Morning Mess is created. We try to have one every couple of months or so and the next one will be mid-January.
11. The RoBe house featured in Dwell Magazine’s Rooms We Love issue!
12. Canadian Business magazine profiles Acre in How Great Design Happens.